WVI EMERGENCY RESPONSE “ON-CALL”CANDIDATE ROSTER
World Vision International maintains an Emergency Response “On-Call”Candidate Roster, which is comprised of experienced personnel available for short-term emergency employment. WVI draws on former employees as well as qualified external candidates to respond to humanitarian crises, by coordinating the deployment of key emergency personnel to the site of the crisis within 72 hours.
We are accepting applications with current CV and Cover letter for the following Humanitarian Response roles:
- 5-7 years in leadership role in the humanitarian assistance and development sector, with a significant portion of this in INGOs.
- Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices.
- Minimum two years experience serving successfully in fragile or unstable environments.
- Strong track record in developing good working relationships with governmental institutions and multilateral agencies.
- Experience in managing humanitarian operations that facilitate innovation and calculated risk taking.
- Understanding of the key accountabilities that must be maintained in a response (beneficiaries, donors, peers).
- Willing to serve unaccompanied; most likely in a team house setting.
- Able to be deployed within 72 hours notice.
Preferred Skill Set:
Completion of HEAT security Training or other WVI recognized security training listed below:
- United Nations SSAFE Training
- RedR - Personal Security and Communications Course - Melbourne, Australia
- IOM SSU Pakistan
- Norwegian Refugee Council - Oslo, Norway
- Clarity UK - Personal Security for Field Staff