Local Marketing Coordinator
WORLD VISION BIH LOCAL MARKETING COORDINATOR
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the Local Marketing Coordinator position is to contribute to implementation of WV sustainability strategy through implementation the local marketing and resource acquisition plan. Local Marketing Coordinator will provide leadership on a range of local marketing and fundraising initiatives, including WV branding, communications and building relationships with potential sponsors, organizing events, maintaining data and reporting. This position is a part of Resource Development Unit (RDU).
Local Marketing and Resource Acquisition
Develops and implements annual local marketing and resource acquisition plan, in line with WVBIH sustainability strategy and in collaboration with RDU Manager and Strategy, Impact and Influence (SI&I) Unit.
Assesses local needs, opportunities and implementation results, and develops/recommends modifications to generate and/or increase unit revenues.
External liaison and positioning
Builds new and maintains profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with corporations and potential corporate and individual sponsors
Contributes to increasing the profile and branding of WVBIH and improving its resource acquisition potentials throughout the country.
Data management and reporting
Maintains appropriate records to ensure local marketing fundraising income is processed efficiently with timely acknowledgements, thank you letters and relevant reports with credible evidence.
Researches, collates and analyses data that allows for the improvement of existing initiatives and identification of new fundraising income streams.
Learning and capacity building
Contributes to shared learning and capacity building of self and others in the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. University degree in Marketing, Business or Business Administration
2. A creative and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can do’ attitude
3. Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to persuade and negotiate effectively at senior levels
4. At least one year’s relevant experience in business development, account management, sales strategies and social marketing.
5. Good computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
6. Excellent knowledge of English and local languages.
7. Valid driving license B category.
Experience related to position requirements:
1. Self-motivated; able to work independently in a relatively unstructured but highly accountable environment.
2. Good understanding of local marketing and community engagement principles and approaches in fundraising
3. Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with potential sponsors in corporate sector and communities
4. Creative and innovative thinking
5. Ability to launch and facilitate local marketing and fundraising initiatives and events
6. Readiness to engage in personal learning and development
7. Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written, in local languages and English)
8. Understanding of the role and mission of non-governmental organizations
9. Experience of communicating with corporate sector, non-government, and government organizations and other stakeholders
Ability to work occasional evenings/weekends, attend out of hours meetings and travel
Ability to travel locally and internationally up to 30% of time.
**Only selected applicants for the next phase of recruitment process will be contacted!