Project Coordinator (Internal Only)
Project Coordinator - Duhok
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support Project Manager in the implementation of food program, ensuring that the food program achieve its goals and objectives and compliance to World Vision and Donor standards in the management of food commodities from the point of receipt, storage, dispatch, distribution, monitoring, documentation, accounting and reporting are established, reinforced and maintained.
1. Assist Project Manager in food program implementation including but not limited to procurement of commodities, transportation, warehousing of commodities, registration and distribution of to beneficiaries, monitoring and evaluation of food program, and production of accurate commodities tracking and narrative reports to Donors, FPMG and Support Offices.
2. Manage food program staff under his/her portfolio with support from Project Manager, and represent World Vision in any meetings related to food program as necessary.
3. Working closely with all departments within the WV Dohuk Office and National Office, provide technical support needed on the implementation of all food projects.
4. Conduct field visits to ensure that program is being implemented according to the plan and correct and follow up any issues raised by the Audit Teams both internal and external.
5. Conduct capacity building for all food program staff team including on the spot training whenever such cases arise.
6. Assist in the development of training modules for the food assistance
7. Identifying any training gaps within the food team and working together with other team members carry out training workshops to bridge such gaps.
8. Ensure that the programmes pass all audits with minimum risk as well as making follow-ups on the issues that would have been raised.
9. As situation arises support expansion programs of food assistance in WV areas of operation with special emphasis on distribution, warehouse and logistics.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Master’s degree an added advantage.
Previous experience in a related field.
Must be able to communicate fluently and write in English.
Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet, or Word program, fax and e-mail.
Extensive exposure to food assistance programs
Knowledge of the Sphere standards, Code of Conduct for Red Cross/ Red crescent, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships (HAP) and other international humanitarian standards.
Knowledge of Commodities standards, as defined and set out by Food Programming Management Group (FPMG)
Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, preferably within WV context, specifically those that relate to food distributions, warehousing, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
Knowledge of different capacity building initiatives
Ability to effectively develop rapport and relate to donors, NGOs, counterparts, and government agencies