Accounts Payable Officer
Position Title: Accounts Payable Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Position is required to ensure compliance with local legislation, WVI and donor requirements, to ensure sufficient liquidity for smooth operations and to contribute to achieving the Finance function KPIs.
Accounting, Compliance and Monitoring
1. Ensure review of the source documents/ payment packages before processing the payments to ensure alignment with local legislation and WVI and donor regulations.
2. Ensure accurate and timely financial data into the standard registers as required.
3. Ensure payments are processed within 3 working days after complete supporting documents submitted to the Accounting
4. Ensure all bank accounts balances
5. Ensure all submitted EERs are reviewed timely and there are no outstanding advances to the staff.
6. Assist Accounting team Lead in audit preparation to provide required information
7. Assist the Reporting and Analysis team with monthly reconciliations as required
8. Perform site and partner monitoring visits
Perform other duties as required
Education:Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
Experience:Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus
Practical Knowledge of financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database, management and spreadsheet software.
Analytical skills and good attention to details.
Proficiency in written and spoken English and local language
Ability to travel within the country
A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
Full adherence to World Vision South Caucasus Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
Full Adherence to security protocols
Core Capabilities: Achieving quality results and service Practicing accountability and integrity Communicating information effectively Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly Understanding the Humanitarian industry Understanding WV’s mission & operations Practicing continuous innovation & creativity Learning for growth and development Maintaining work/life balance Building collaborative relationships Practicing gender & cultural diversity Influencing individuals & groups