Accounts Payable Officer
Position Title: Accounts Payable Officer
*Job location either Jordan or Turkey, contingent upon the registration in Turkey.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Position is required to ensure compliance with local legislation, WVI and donor requirements, to ensure sufficient liquidity for smooth operations and to contribute to achieving the Finance function KPIs.
Accounting, Compliance and Monitoring
1. Ensure review of the source documents/ payment packages before processing the payments to ensure alignment with local legislation and WVI and donor regulations.
2. Ensure accurate and timely financial data into the standard registers as required.
3. Ensure payments are processed within 3 working days after complete supporting documents submitted to the Accounting
4. Ensure all bank accounts balances reconciled monthly
5. Ensure all submitted EERs are reviewed timely and there are no outstanding advances to the staff.
6. Assist Accounting team Lead in audit preparation to provide required information
7. Assist the Reporting and Analysis team with monthly reconciliations as required
8. Perform site and partner monitoring visits
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
1. Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
2. Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
1. Practical Knowledge of financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
2. Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database, management and spreadsheet software..
3. Analytical skills and good attention to details.
4. Proficiency in written and spoken English and local language
5. Ability to travel within the country
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your application via our Careers Website.