PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision International – Lao PDRhave received funding commitment from World Vision International (Taiwan) to implement one year Education project (PNS-Education) in Atsaphone starting Oct 2019-Sept 2020. Project focus on improving access to primary education for the most vulnerable children.
The PNS-Education Project Coordinatoris responsible for the implementation of the project activities to support the Education Models. He/She will be responsible for implementation of activities and government relations in their target district. With a strong technical background in education and management. The PNS project manager will coordinate with District counterpart and stakeholder to make sure that activities implement and monitoring for target villages,good English reporting skill include taking activity photos, writing story report, storytelling. The report. The regular report will be monthly, Quarterly, 6months and annual.
Major Responsibilities of Job:
A. Building relationships within communities
1. Build close relationships and actively learn within partner communities and schools, through regular visits, joint activities, attending community and school events, etc.
2. Build good relationships that communicate World Vision’s mission, values and identity to all appropriate stakeholders, including community groups, local authorities and other NGOs.
3. Facilitate target schools, communities to participate in the planning, implementation and reflection on local level PNS project activities.
4. Actively network with other stakeholders, and facilitate the communities to network, for advocacy, resource mobilization and project implementation.
B. Building capacities
Facilitate formation and ongoing capacity building of new and existing community organizations for holistic sustainable development, including partnership with World Vision for project implementation where appropriate.
Promote communities, schools and VEDCs to share and learn from their own experiences as part of confidence and capacity building.
Train partner community groups, schools on appropriate skills and self-assessment methods to build their capacity for management of local initiatives.
Actively participate as an AP Team member in all areas, including feedback, reflection and learning.
Manage scope & requirements of the technical programme & Community Engagement to ensure project is implemented within the agreed design
Facilitate the planning, implementation and monitoring of PNS project activities in target villages/schools in partnership with local communities, government.
In collaboration with Education TP Manager. Education Specialist, provide regularly tracked local level project outcome and output that feed into reporting requirements for PNS project.
Provide monthly activity reports as required based on quarterly and annual work plans, including Community Pledge Product report.
Monitor PNS project activities and collect relevant identified data to measure project outcome and show impact of the activities in the communities and schools.
D. Provision of Technical Support for the PNS project
1. Conduct monitoring and support visits to PNS target villages/schools and provide in the field technical consultation in partnership with local government counterparts, to ensure quality of activities implemented.
2. Work closely with District and Provincial level education and other government counterparts to ensure education and other government counterparts to ensure PNS project activities are implemented effectively and quality is maintained.
3. Ensure that joint, collaborative planning activities effectively engage with District and Provincial level education and other government counterparts to ensure full support and participation for the project by these groups.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree (Education, Development Studies or similar field)
Technical training in education sector, with focus on primary education preferred.
At least one year experience in working with the rural community and encourage community ownership and participation
Experience dealing with Provincial and District-level government, especially the DESB
Demonstrated knowledge on education, particularly as it relates to primary education
Ability to undertake community level engagement activities, including planning and leading community level training and consultation.
Good understand of Lao Government policies, laws and institutions and ability to work together with various stakeholders.
At least one year experience in working with the rural community
Must understand and agree with WV’s vision, mission and Core Values
Must be willing to work and stay overnight at the target village areas
Must be willing to work within a team
Must be willing to learn new things
Must know how to drive and have a license to drive motorcycle
Good communication skills in Lao and English (written and verbal)
Integrity, honesty, and accountability to both the team and the community
Willingness to learn and be pro-active about personal professional development
Good organizational team management ( planning, organising ) and coordinating skills
Work Environment: Expected to travel 80% of the time in the target village areas
Interested candidates are invited to submit a COVER LETTER and CV to the address below. Please indicate the POSITION TITLE. Deadline for application is 21 October 2019, however applicants are encouraged to apply early as applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mail: People and Culture Department
P.O. Box 312 Vientiane 01005
Email: [email protected]