FOR LAO NATIONAL ONLY
WORK LOCATION- PHALANXAY DISTRICT, SAVANNAKHET PROVINCE
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To facilitate and maintain strong community relationships, participation and empowering processes as World Vision walks alongside children, families and communities in a journey of transformational development.
A. Building relationships within communities
1. Build close relationships and actively learn within partner communities, through home visits, staying overnight with host families, attending community social events, etc.
2. Build good relationships that communicate World Vision’s mission, values and identity to all appropriate stakeholders, including community groups, local authorities and other NGOs.
3. Actively network with other stakeholders, and facilitate the communities to network, for advocacy, resource mobilization and project implementation.
B. Building capacities
1. Facilitate formation and ongoing capacity building of new and existing community organizations for holistic sustainable development, including partnership with World Vision for project implementation where appropriate.
2. Train partner community groups on appropriate skills and self-assessment methods to build their capacity for management of local initiatives.
3. Actively participate as an ADP Team member in all areas, including feedback, reflection and learning.
C. Learning within community
1. Facilitate the community to define monitoring process and indicators for mutual learning and accountability with WVC in project implementation and capacity building.
2. Facilitate community (including children and the marginalized) to participate in the gathering of, reflection upon and learning from local information.
3. Participate in and support the implementation of TDI measurement and program/project evaluation and facilitate community learning from results.
4. Promote communities to share and learn from their own experiences as part of confidence and capacity building.
D. Planning and implementation with community
1. Actively support the ADP Manager in assessment and design processesand collaborate with Project Coordinators and ADP Sponsorship Team in project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting processes relevant to assigned area, that support TD and are aligned with LEAP
2. Ensure that gender analysis, Christian commitment, and child protection are mainstreamed within WV initiatives in their assigned communities.
3. Raise awareness and facilitate critical analysis of community issues and opportunities.
4. Facilitate visioning and planning processes with community people and within community based groups.
5. Mobilize local resources, community planning, participation and ownership for development initiatives.
6. Other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by ADP Manager.
7. Carry out other tasks as requested by organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
At least one year experience in working with the rural community
At least high school qualification
Must know how to drive and have a license to drive motorcycle
Must understand and agree with WV’s vision, mission and Core Values
Must be willing to work and stay overnight at the target village areas
Must be willing to work within a team
Must be willing to learn new things
Travel and/or Work Environment: Expected to travel 80% of the time in the target village areas
Interested candidates are invited to submit a COVER LETTERand CV to the address below. Please indicate the POSITION TITLE. Deadline for application is27 October 2020, however applicants areencouraged to apply early as applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mail: People and Culture Department
P.O. Box 312 Vientiane 01005
Email: [email protected]