PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Position is required full-time, working within the program management hub, reporting to the Chief of Party, with a dotted line to the WV Syria Response finance director. The Madad Grant Finance coordinator or manager will be responsible for supporting the CoP in managing the grant/programme budget within approved spending levels, ensuring accurate and timely financial reports to WV Germany/WV Switzerland and Steering Committee as well as providing analysis of the financial project status.
He/ she will consolidate financial information from the three implementing countries (Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq) and European headquarters offices (Germany, Switzerland and England), reporting in a timely manner to the Chief of Party on variations in budget vs. actual expenditure and ensuring financial compliance with WV and EU regulations. The position holder will also provide capacity building to the partners as well as coordinating financial aspects of the programming. This is a local hire position. Salary and conditions are in line with Jordanian or Lebanese labor law.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
MADAD Youth RESOLVE project finance management and reporting
1. Ensure that grant reports from individual countries are discussed with the Country Leads and the Chief of Party and passed to WVGER and WVSWI within the required time schedules. Respond to respective queries in relation to these reports from support offices and through Country Leads to donors.
2. Review and analyze grant expenses and variances to advise the stakeholders on expenditure trends and potential issues.
3. Correspond with WVGER and WVSWI, donors and Hub Grant Finance Managers regarding project income (transfers from SO), expenditure and reporting.
4. Be a key player in the issues of grants / projects accounting and management to ensure accurate coding of expenses and full compliance with WVI internal and donor requirements.
5. Ensure that EU donor regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes; keep the Chief of Party and WVGER finance focal point informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while suggesting the necessary corrective steps and tracking their execution.
6. Develop and maintain good professional networks with the Grant Finance Managers, SO IPGs & Finance.
7. Visit partners offices / field sites to ensure financial controls and procedures are in place.
8. Check partners documents on regular basis.
9. Design a track record of any problems identified, provided solutions and document them.
Partners management and Capacity Building
Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
MBA in Finance, MSC in Finance/Accounting/Auditing prefereed
ACCA, CIMA or CPA preferred
Knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
Solid knowledge of EU grant regulations and financial reporting requirements.
Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
Proficiency in written and spoken English
Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
Ability to travel within regionally and internationally
Minimum 5 years experience in finance position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
Minimum 3 years experience in finance management position
Experience in major donor regulations (US, UK, Canada Governments, GOG, , UN agencies) EC/ECHO is a must.
Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a must.