PURPOSE OF POSITION
Position is required to ensure achievement of shared services outcomes and strategy in the field of financial reporting and analysis, to implement financial policies in such areas as, but not limited to: budget, cash management and forecasting, recording and documentation, project auditing, monthly financial reporting and local resource acquisition; being cognizant of World Vision International financial policies.
End Results Expected
A. Maintaining Accounting and Other Financial Systems
1. Prepare and review coding on journal vouchers for valid accounts, cost centers, donor combinations.
2. Enter financial data (actual and budget) into SunSytems as required.
3. Prepare SA’s for World Vision offices within the deadline. Maintain SA database. Prepare SA vouchers and monitor SA balances monthly, reconcile with GL balance.
4. In collaboration with country based Accounting Teams conduct regular reconciliations of respective balance sheet and P&L accounts.
5. Conduct regular PBAS reconciliations
6. Prepare journal vouchers generated by GEMS
7. Assist the Reporting Team Lead with implementation of WVI systems, regionally and locally adopted tools and templates
B. Financial Reporting and Analysis
1. Ensure preparation of FFR (Field financial reports), external reports and internal management reports in compliance with respective requirements
2. Ensure accurate and timely review of financial data for completeness and correctness
3. Assist the Hub Finance Director and Regional Finance Manager with the year-end closing procedures required by WVI
4. Ensure maintenance of WVI and regional systems (Sun6, PMQ&A, GEMS, SA, internal tools, Horizon, MyPBAS, etc), upgrading/updating and developing additional applications of the existing financial systems towards increased efficiency
5. Assist Regional Supply Chain Director with preparation of required reports
6. Assist Hub Finance Director in audit preparation to provide required information
Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.4. Experience in major donor regulations (US, UK, Canada Governments, GOG, EC/ECHO, UN agencies) is a plus.
Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
Solid working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
Proficiency in written and spoken English
Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
Full adherence to World Vision South Caucasus Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
Full Adherence to security protocols