Project Manager - Waste Management Project
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for managing the implementation of the anticipated waste management project activities. The Project Manager position will lead and is accountable for all the programmatic, management and partnership aspects of both World Vision and partner components of the intervention. The project manager will oversee effective management and relationships with the consortium members, partner institutions and a multitude of relevant external stakeholders to ensure quality, timeliness, and effectiveness of the intervention. The Project Manager will serve as the principal liaison with the partners of the project, including local authorities and the Partner Company, community stakeholders and relevant entities within World Vision Lebanon. The position will also manage the intervention throughout the project cycle, including budget management (expenditure planning and expenditure monitoring), lead in preparing and developing high quality programme plans, including Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and procurement plans, progress and donor reports, ensure appropriate monitoring and project quality, and enhance internal and external learning and representation. In addition, the Project Manager will identify scaling up opportunities and new project ideas in line with the thematic area.
End Results Expected
Direct and oversee project implementation by the hired consultant and contractor, ensuring all objectives are met through proper planning, regular monitoring (field visits), efficient implementation and quality assurance.
Project results achieved on time and on budget, as agreed to in grant agreement, in addition to regular submission of progress reports.
Liaise with the project’s partners/sub-grantees, as well as local communities, relevant stakeholders and donor representatives as appropriate.
Local level coordination streams are developed & maintained; donors are adequately engaged when necessary Support to program goals and implementation by key stakeholders
Ensure close cooperation with National Office (NO) Programmes team for implementation of the Programmes objectives as well as on donor positioning, lessons learned, grant health and quality improvements.
Strong working relationships with NO Programmes lead/manager.
Manage project budget within approved spending levels in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits and ensure accurate and timely financial reports both internally and to donors.
Grant is delivered on time and within allocated budget; Financial reports are accurate and delivered on time. Audit reports indicate low risk findings.
Oversee partners’ deliverables and raise concerns related to performance to the attention of WVL Operations Director
Quality issues are raised with related partner/s and are addressed as per the requirements of the project
Escalate grant management issues and other project risks early and openly; resolve grant management issues quickly and fully.
Operations Director and Programmes team are assured that appropriate measures have been taken.
Ensure WV core values and principles are upheld at the project site by all staff.
WV core values and policies are respected and followed by project staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Advanced university degree in civil engineering, environmental science, solid waste management, public health, or related field
· Good understanding of community development concepts and practices
· A minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience in a similar role – specifically in managing humanitarian/development programmes.
· Considerable experience in solid waste management
· In-depth knowledge and past experience in project design, project management and project implementation
· Evidence of project cycle management experience, including strategic planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring & evaluation and stakeholder management/coordination
· Management skills & experience, including line management, management of other resources, evidence of capacity to support others.
· Solid communication, interpersonal, negotiation and relation management skills and experience
· Proven ability to work effectively and sensibly in cross-cultural settings and complex environments
· Ability to facilitate community development and human development processes.
· Experience in leading projects and managing and supervising staff
· Experience in managing grants
· Basic knowledge of accounting and finance principles
· Excellent command of written and oral English and Arabic
· 90% field work and 10% office based