POSITION; PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEADER
REPORTSTO; PROGRAM DIRECTOR
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO; Technical Managers, HEA & Security Advisor, Senior Commodities Officer, Senior Program Officer,
Purpose of the position:
Provides overall leadership and management to a group of key Program- units including Technical Managers, HEA, Grant Programs, Private non-Sponsorship to ensures the highest quality of donor engagement, resource acquisition, integrated program design, implementation, disaster risk reduction, on-going learning and application of lessons that assure life in all its fullness for children, their families and communities wherever World Vision Lesotho has a presence.
1. Provide leadership, support and coordination to field operations in WVL to ensure implementation is efficient and effective and meets the goals and objectives of WV and community partners.
2. Develop and lead a team of competent, motivated program development team with high quality professional skills and excellent team leadership skills in the management of their day-to-day operations.
3. Develops and leads a motivated, high performing staff of the Integrated Programs- unit.
4. Contributes to the development, refinement, dissemination of policies, approaches& procedures to assure effective program development and overall organizational development.
5. Assists the Program Director in ensuring overall alignment of WVL’s development programs to mission, vision, covenant of partnership, core values, and strategic priorities.
6. Assists the National Director in building and maintaining healthy bilateral relations with Support Offices, Donor entities and with various local partners.
7. Provide leadership, support and coordination in the implementation of ongoing grants, Area Programmes (APs) and other special projects.
Uphold WVI Vision, Mission core values and partnership standards and practices.
8, Build a strong program development team through capacity building and creating an environment where teams can share experiences and best practices.
9. Provide oversight to operational risk management, including ensuring the implementation and maintenance of core security requirements.
10. Provide the effective oversight of disaster management and HEA functions, based on Partnership protocols and standards, including the development and implementation of a National office disaster preparedness plan.
11. Develop and execute a strategy to diversify the funding portfolio for WVL, in terms of type and sources, example from bilateral and multilateral sources etc.
12. Develop a resource acquisition strategy that is aligned to World Vision Lesotho’s Strategy and accountable for achieving resource diversification and growth.
13. Provide support to the development and final review of all proposals and concept notes prior to submitting to donors and World Vision support offices.
14. Ensure quality preparation of grant proposals, budgets, reports and other design documents for World Vision partnership and major donors.
15. Ensure effective and efficient management of all grants according to donor requirements.
ENSURING QUALITY DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION
16. Ensures the application of utilization- focused reflective and learning processes that encourages diligent adjustment action to correct program design & implementation lapses in consultation with communities
17. Ensures proactive response to requests for applications and leads the Field teams in the process of quality program design/proposal writing.
18. Provides overall leadership in the development of disaster preparedness plans at national and community level and assists the Program development TL in resource development within the framework of RWG guidelines.
19. Ensures effective integration of livelihood, food security, HIV/AIDS, Health and nutrition, Education, Advocacy within Area Development Programs-to assure maximum resilience and emergency of hope amongst children and their communities.
20. Coordinate the planning of WVL’s external engagement strategyand participation in key donor meetings.
21. Ensure that donor visits are strategic, well timed and smoothly executed and managed.
22. Coordinate with other SMT members in representing World Vision at national level coordination meetings with donors and when appropriate, with other INGOs, local organizations, and high level government officials.
23. Develop and maintain solid working relationships with major
(government/private) donors including EU, USAID, WFP and other UN Agencies, other relevant in-country donor institutions, and World Vision Support Offices
24. Contribute to the development of communications and marketing materials.
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Master level, or post graduate degree in Development or related field, with a Minimum of seven years senior management experience, with proven experience in community development work.
Strong design, grant & financial management skills
Experience with Relief/Rehabilitation an added advantage
Sensitivity to and experience of working with and in multi-cultural organizations
Demonstrates high level diplomacy, flexibility, sensitivity, decisiveness, passion, determination.
Creative, conceptual thinker, yet practical in application
Proven success in fundraising and collaboration with multilateral and bilateral agencies
Committed Christian with mature abilities in judgement and decision making
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Motivated self starter and follows through on implementation.
Highly developed interpersonal skills and relationship building abilities
Strong computer skills in word, power point, spread sheet and excel
Working Environment / Conditions:
30% Office based program administration and management
50% Field based management
20% networking, advocacy and liaison