Cluster Program Accountant
Reports to: Cluster Program Manager, Senior Program Support Accountant/ Finance Manager
Provides Supervision to: AP Accountant
Location ; Cluster Area North/South
Duration; fixed contract 3 years
Purpose of the Position:
Oversee the Financial Management of three or more APs to ensure the implementation and compliance of financial controls (internal and WV Partnership) in all aspects of Financial activities which includes reviewing of transactions, data entry, disbursement process, reconciliation and Financial reporting and Review of financial status with AP Management.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
1. Facilitate preparation of donor budgets, DIPS, cash flows in line with partnership, Regional and National guidelines and specific donor regulations.
2. Ensure that Cluster Program budgets are updated on monthly basis to agree with PBAS.
3. Facilitate timely monthly funding for programs against approved donor budgets and prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements.
4. Reviewing and Posting all held Vouchers in Sun systems to ensure completeness in transactional coding according to the chart of accounts.
5. Facilitate timely analysis of key financial reports, prepare quality management reports, monitor implementation of activities to address under/overspending.
6.Build capacity of the project/program accounting staff and non-financial staff in financial management and finance policies.
7. Ensure that cluster ADPs advances and other balance sheet accounts are cleared timely and any exceptions are followed timely, reported and appropriate actions taken in time.
8. Ensure that ADP’s VAT is claimed on monthly basis and that detailed reports showing the status of the VAT reimbursement are prepared by AP Accountants.
9. Facilitate enforcement of WVL Internal Controls, monitor their effectiveness/appropriateness and provide appropriate feedback to the WVL leadership.
10. Oversee the functions of ADP Procurement Committee and provide guidance and trainings as required.
11. Ensure that Fixed Asset register are updated regularly, incorporated in the annual insurance survey, transfer and disposal of the assets are handled as per WV policy.
12. Disclose any litigation and Financial risks on monthly financial reports in the event that the ADP faces such circumstance and ensure that all loses and incidents of loses are reported to ADP Manager and Finance Director up on disclosure of the event.
13. Ensure that performance management is practiced within the department to enhance performance, smooth staff relations and accountability.
14.Facilitate preparation and submission of customized donor reports maintain LDR database and ensure monthly payroll reconciliation.
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required:
Requires a university degree or equivalent in accounting and experience in accounting, preferably within World Vision. Education/experience must include complex bank reconciliations, journal writing, general ledger, financial statements, and government tax reports. Knowledge of accounting theory and financial analysis required. Must have at least 5 years Experience in financial reporting preferable in World Vision. Requires good computer skills and knowledge of accounting systems such as Sun Systems. Requires good communication (speaking and writing) skills in English