Livelihoods and Resilience Technical Program Manager
Livelihoods and Resilience Technical Program Manager
Reports to: Program Development Team Leader
Provides Supervision to: Cluster Livelihoods & Resilience Technical Program Coordinators
Location ; Maseru, National Office
Duration; fixed contract 3 years
Purpose of the Position:
Is to provide high level technical support to the Livelihoods & Resilience Program with a focus on improved resilience and livelihoods of households to better care and support their families. The position is responsible for profiling World Vision Lesotho in all relevant sector networks and technical working groups. The incumbent is the primary contact for the Organization in matters relating to the Livelihoods and Resilience Program.
Program Management and Reporting
Define the Livelihoods and Resilience Approach and Program to be implemented in the Country to realize the National Office Strategy.
Manage a collaborative design process drawing in WV stakeholders and major national external stakeholders and partners.
Design Technical Programmes that fit with the DPA to build ownership and sustainable results.
Set, contextualize and enforce education sector standards (in line with Global, and Regional Livelihoods and Resilience Standards) to be adhered to by implementing staff and partners.
Develop and contextualize tools, models and protocols to aid in program implementation at Cluster and AP level.
Produce consolidated annual/semi-annual/monthly National Report for the Technical Program (TP).
Work with the Quality Assurance, D,M&E, Grants and other Technical Specialists, in compiling the Annual Child Wellbeing report for review and approval by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
Provide guidance and input in the implementation of the Livelihoods & Resilience Technical program within and outside APs.
Manage Livelihoods & Resilience Technical budget and ensure adherence to operational budgetary limits.
Oversee the coordination of TP implementation within and outside the AP (national or sub-national), including the drafting of detailed implementation plans, to ensure the timely and successful implementation of AP projects.
Program Development and Grants Acquisition
Ensure that the Livehoods & Resilience Program is adequately funded and supported with the appropriate technical capacity.
Work with the Area Program Coordinators to determine the funding deficit and needs for the various locations.
Work with the Grants Acquisition Team to establish donor mapping, linkages, development and marketing of fundraising products (concept notes, Proposals etc) and acquire extra (Non Sponsorship) financial support for the Program
Networking, Liaison and Advocacy
13. Lead in strategic networking and liaison with donors, the Region, Support Offices, the Government and Non State Actors in the Livelihoods & Resilience Program with a view to profiling WVLs work.
14. Establish mutually beneficial working relationships with strategic partners at the National level, while providing similar support at cluster level.
15 Work with the Sponsorship, Gender & Advocacy Manager, Child Protection Coordinator and Christian Commitment Coordinator to advocate for enactment or repeal/review of policies necessary to improved resilience and livelihoods of households to better care and support their families.
16. Provide Coaching and mentoring of Technical Staff in the Livelihood & Resilience Technical Program (Cluster Technical Coordinators) including setting and reviewing their annual Performance Agreements and Annual Appraisals in collaboration with their respective supervisors.
17. Conduct continuous monitoring (which will include field visits) to ensure planned activities are being implemented on budget, time and at recommended industry standards.
18. Ensure the capacity development plans are developed, and implemented by the Cluster Livelihoods & Resilience Technical Coordinators as part of program implementation in the Cluster and Area Programs (AP) to improve staff performance.
Learning and Innovation
19. Lead in the sector specific and/or integrated research and learning initiatives by developing research concepts in collaboration with internal and external stakeholder, and undertake the proposed research with a view to generating lessons and knowledge for program effectiveness.
20. Responsible for generating innovations by working with the Knowledge Management focal person.
21. The position will investigate, document and disseminate promising practices coming from the implementation of the National Office Livelihood & Resilience Program
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification and experience required: Masters Degree in Agriculture, with 5 years International Non Governmental Organization work experience or a Bachelors Degree in Agriculture or related fields with 7 years work experience in similar role.
A minimum of seven years proven experience and skill in management of Livelihood & Resilience projects design and implementation.
Leadership and Team Work abilities.
Project Management and design experience, as well as project implementation and monitoring & evaluation
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, demonstrated leadership and good management ability
English communication skills (oral and written)
Strong detail orientation and negotiation skills
Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Experience in working with various major donors and government donor agencies
Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview emotional maturity
Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts
Proven networking abilities at local and international levels
Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psycho-logically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
Commitment and ability to inspire others to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement.
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: 55% field based and 45% Office based