GIK& COMMODITIES OFFICER
Reports to: Senior Commodities Officer
Provides Supervision to: None
Location ; Maseru, National Office
Duration; fixed contract 3 years
Purpose of the Position:
To support the Senior Commodities Officer to provide technical, administrative and direct management of the Food Program, ensuring that the food program achieve its goals and objectives and compliance to World Vision and Donor standards in the management of food commodities from the point of receipt, distribution, monitoring, documentation, accounting and reporting are established, reinforced and maintained along with GIK management in line with the set standards and objectives WVI.
1. FOOD PROGRAM
Provide technical support to commodities and ensure that they are managed and implemented as per FPMG and donor Standards.
2. Provide support and supervision to staff and ensure that they perform per agreed standards.
3. Establish/maintain effective reporting system to produce timely and accurate reports to WVT, donors and to other partners.
4. Support Commodity Program Development by formulatingfood and non-food items proposals that are consistent with WVL Country Strategy, FPMG and other donors standards.
5. Facilitate commodity audits and follow-up implementation of audit recommendations.
6. Work with Finance and Accounting Department to monitor invoicing system of commodity management costs.
7. Provide oversight of the Commodity Tracking System (CTS) program, and ensure that the CTS is installed and fully operational in all locations for effective food tracking and inventory accounting system .
8. Provide technical support in preparation of divisional strategies, annual operational plan and budget .
9. Compile, monthly,quarterly/annual reports for submission to the donors and other partners.
10. Networking with donors and other stakeholders on commodities
11. GIK RESOURCES
12. Track GIK from the country of origin, receive and provide relevant shipping documents to the Clearing Agent on time.
13. Follow up with the Clearing Agent to ensure the goods are cleared within 15 days or less.
14. Maintain all the general rules of warehouse condition and management as stipulated in the GIK minimum standards of World Vision International.
15. Work closely with the Operations Managers/Programme Coordinators to coordinate the distribution of the respect
16Ensure that the warehouse conditions for storage of medicines are met
17. Offer technical support to the Field teams in GIK handling and distribution
18. Record Management: maintain distribution records including goods requisitions, delivery note and way bills for accountability purposes.
19. Ensure that warehouse reports are submitted to the head office by the 19th of every month.
20. Prepare monthly GIK Receipt Summary, Dispatch summary, Loss Status Reports, GIK in transit to WVL, Physical Inventory Reports, narrative reports with challenges, successes, risks and recommendations on every 19th day of each month.
21. Collate and submit GIK reports on time to Support Offices/ Donor.
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor Degree inMaterials management, Economic Development, Agriculture, BCOM in Accounting
Experience: 4yrs/3 yrs in Manager level
Technical Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrate ability in supervision
Experience in working with donor funds
Working knowledge of commoditymanagement, emergencyprocurementservices and accountingare added advantage.
Good planning and organizational skills
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with travel to the field
Travel: 30% Domestic/international travel is required.