Program Officer, Business Development and Grants Management
WORLD VISION INTERNATIONAL – MALAWI OFFICE
World Vision International is a Christian and Humanitarian Organization, which is operating in about 100 countries in the world. The organization is looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill the below vacant positions. World Vision Malawi (WVM) is committed to demonstrate professional, moral and spiritual responsibility, to pursue excellence in its operations and to be good stewards and to conduct the functions of World Vision in an ethical manner. As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job Tittle : Program Officer – Business Development and Grants Management
Reports to: Senior Program Officer
Purpose of the Position:
Under the direction of the Senior Program Officer, the Program Officer – Business Development and Grants Management will lead the development of proposals in acquiring grants and private non-sponsorship funding. The position is also responsible for monitoring and reporting of the respective grants including sustaining relations with diverse donors and building the capacity of programme implementation staff in the area of proposal writing, program designing and donor relations.
1. Identifying and soliciting for funding opportunities within the donor community (such as UN agencies, USAID, DFID, EC), FPMG and WVI Support Offices;
2. Liaising with AP managers and Relief (HEA) implementing and support (supply chain, finance and Administration) departments, in Designing program proposals, implementation frameworks that are in line with donor and WV Support Offices requirements;
3. Establishing and maintaining networking partnerships with likeminded organisations;
4. Conducting field visits, for the purposes of assessing if and ensuring that programs are managed in accordance with internal procedures, such as LEAP, SALER, SPHERE and HAP principles as well as in a manner that will promote good practice, maximise impact, encourage learning and maintain a high team spirit.
5. Ensuring good donor and World Vision International Support Office relations. Through ensuring that WV Malawi meets all contractual obligations and achieves high quality planning and implementation levels
6. Liaise with the Ministry Quality team in conducting monitoring and evaluation, research and documentation for program design and development
7. Ensure the management and documentation of institutional knowledge and best practices
8. To contribute to overall co-ordination and integration of relief and Area
9. Developing monthly, quarterly progress (narrative and financial) and annual program reports.
Required Education qualifications, Experience and Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, humanities or its equivalent, with 3 years demonstrated experience in successful project design, proposal writing, funding acquisitions and donor relations.
Good understanding of the workings of major donors, such as USAID, UN, CIDA, AusAid, DFID, ECHO, WFP.
Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere relief standards, and accountability mechanisms such as HAP, the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
Knowledge of WV’s field operations, either in the relief or development context.
Ability to complete tasks in a timely cost effective manner under pressure.
Ability to pursue thoroughness and appropriate attention to detail under pressure.
Ability to express self clearly in all forms of writing.
Ability to identify gaps, trends, priorities and key issues.
Ability to describe key aspects and issues of relief, development and advocacy.
Ability to maintain strong links with major NGO’s, donors and government agencies.
Ability to explain WV’s work in relation to issues of poverty, power, justice and peace.
Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the sector heads and department managers.
Ability to interpret and present information with influence and impact
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three referees, preferably one of whom you have reported to by 31 December 2017. Interested applicants should visit www.wvi.org to apply.
Closing date for receiving applications is 24th February, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.