Food Assistance Coordinator
Job announcement – Food Assistance Coordinator (01)
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
Reports to: Food Assistance Manager
Location: Sevare (MALI)
Purpose of the position:
To provide overall leadership, administrative and direct management of the commodities and logistics in the food program, ensuring standard commodity management and timely distributions to vulnerable communities.
Development of program implementation strategy for the food assistance programs in Bandiagara and provide technical guidance on commodities programming, management and NFI management
Overall in charge of commodities; Ensure standards and compliance to WVI Food Management standards across the entire food management chain in the project; ensuring capacity development of food management staff, and development of staff growth plans in commodity management.
Ensure pipeline analysis and commodity call forward as necessary; Preparation of project reports (Weekly briefing reports, monthly progress reports, quarterly and any other report) as may be requested from time to time.,.
Act as the WV Mali spokesperson at the field level; Coordinate with WFP, local government officials, project partners including community, other NGO and churches to ensure adequate representation and advocacy on behalf of WV Mali.
Develop staff capacity building strategy, in liaison with the Food Assistance Manager, conduct commodity management training for project staff; Demonstrate leadership, coaching, mentoring and team-building skill, and provide senior management oversight.
Provide oversight all commodities movements, including secure warehousing, inventories, delivery, distribution, and end use. Locate and negotiate terms for warehousing ensuring adequate and standardized warehousing of commodities.
Able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.
Should have good communication skills.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
1. University degree in Business, Social Science or related field.
2. A minimum of five years of experience working with complex food distribution programs involving food logistics management at various levels including hands-on distribution, supervision, program development, donor negotiation, and senior management oversight.
3. Experience in food aid planning, with demonstrated leadership, coaching, mentoring, and team building skills.
4. Strong problem solving, logistical and analytical skills.
5. Ability to travel extensively and work in rural, hard-to-reach communities.
6. Ability to manage medium-to large-scale food commodities administration programs for multi-sectoral Food Security interventions.
7. Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere Standards.
8. Cross-cultural sensitivity, and flexible worldview: emotional maturity and physical stamina.
9. Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
10. Knowledge of World Vision and subscription to WVI core values, Vision and Mission statements.
11. Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
12. Must have both written and spoken English and French language communication skills.
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
Travel: 25 % of both domestic travel is required.
Attitudes and Behaviors:
World Vision reserves the right to disqualify a candidate who has any record relating to child abuse or opposite behavior to child protection, even after the hiring.
*Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. World Vision does not concern itself with information on bank accounts.