Program Officer – Malabon Area
(Local Candidate Only)
The Program Officer represents WVDF in the City or within a specific geographical area assigned to her or him. S/He is primarily responsible for the quality, timely and effective implementation, integration, contextualization, monitoring and reporting of all WVDF’s Technical Programs in partnership with the Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Local Government and Line Agencies, Churches, Schools, Private Agencies and all other relevant organizations. S/He uses the principles, processes, standards and tools of Development Program Approach (DPA) as well as the Community Engagement and Sponsorship Plan (CESP) to ensure that WVDF’s interventions contribute to improving child well being, community shared plans and sustainability of results.
In times of emergency response especially within the area program or cluster or field office, the Program Officer may become part of the Response Team depending on her/his expertise and training with prior agreement with her/his supervisor. This role must be clearly defined, agreed and supported with appropriate training, coaching or exposures and a plan to cover her/his responsibilities is in-placed while on a special assignment.
1. Facilitates or Coordinates at least once every 2 months meeting of the City Council for the Protection of Children or other related local coalition/network to track progress of all program implementation and progress towards the achievement of Child Friendly Local Government Seal
2. Identifies primary implementing partners of the project and ensures that a partnership agreement is signed
3. Prepares and submits contextualized detailed implementation plan (annual) and facilitates & tracks weekly/monthly implementation against targets including budget utilization
4. Works with the Barangay Council for the Protection of Children (BCPC) to ensure that implementation are well participated and child well being issues and concerns are addressed on time
5. Prepares and submits monthly, semi-annual and annual using the required standard tools/templates
6. Taps expertise and/or coordinates necessary training of local agencies, institutions or companies in implementing interventions
7. Collaborates with the Technical Program Specialists in building the capacities of local partners if lack of local expertise or capacity is determined
8. Partners with churches and/or faith based organizations in implementing the project and in integration of spiritual nurture activities and values formation
9. Facilitates community planning, implementation and reporting on community shared plans including community disaster preparedness plan and local level advocacy i.e. facilitates community processes to lobby for laws and ordinances for the well being of children.
10. Manages and/or decides on resolution of issues and concerns within her/his covered areas especially those affecting child well being and program implementation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Graduate of BS Social Work, Community Development or related Social Sciences
At least 2 years experience in program/project management for NGO
Trained/experience in Community Organizing, training facilitation, community mobilization, etc.
Excellent communications, networking, alliance building and facilitation skills
Understands child rights and responsibilities including the basic requirements for Child Friendly Local Government
Experienced in working with local governments, line agencies, churches and other organizations
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Willing to live in the barangay or primary focus area
Can operate MS office software and has the capacity to use technology in program management
Experienced in facilitating children’s activities
Experienced in working with urban communities
Experienced in program/project monitoring and evaluation