Section I – JOB DESCRIPTION/ PUBLICATION TEXT
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Position is required to ensure compliance with local legislation, WVI and donor requirements, to ensure sufficient fficient liquidity for smooth operations and to contribute to achieving the Finance function KPIs.
The Position plays an advisory role to the Hub Finance Director on compliance and development and implementation of good internal controls.
End Results Expected
A. Management and Capacity Development
1. Provide technical support and supervision to the country based accounting team in formulating and implementing reliable accounting systems.
2. Ensure performance management of the accountants is run effectively.
3. Coordinate performance of site project financial checks. Take appropriate action to address audit findings and recommendations.
B. Local (Government) Reporting
1. Ensure Compliance with Local legislation, WVI and donor requirements.
2. Ensure accurate and timely submission of tax, social security and other mandatory reports required by local governmental bodies.
C. Accounting, Compliance and Monitoring
1. Ensure review of the source documents/ payment packages before processing the payments to ensure alignment with local legislation and WVI and donor regulations.
2. Ensure accurate and timely financial data into the standard registers as required.
3. Ensure payments are processed within 3 working days after complete supporting documents submitted to the Accounting
4. Ensure all bank accounts balances
5. Ensure sufficient liquidity in bank accounts for smooth operation and cash target low is within acceptable limit according to FFM.
6. Ensure all submitted EERs are reviewed timely and there are no outstanding advances to the staff.
7. Assist Hub Finance Director in audit preparation to provide required information
8. Assist the Reporting and Analysis team with monthly reconciliations as required
9. Perform site and partner monitoring visits
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
1. Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
2. Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
If applicable, include language requirement(s) as a minimum qualification for this position.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
1. Practical Knowledge of financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
2. Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database, management and spreadsheet software..
3. Ability to lead and manage a team.
4. Analytical skills and good attention to details.
5. Proficiency in written and spoken English and local language
6. Ability to travel within the country
Include travel & work environment details.
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
Select one level. For older versions of Microsoft Word, double-click the checkbox, and then click “Checked” in order to select the checkbox.
☒ Individual Level
☐ Leadership Level
☐ Organisational Level
Select 3-4 priority core capabilities that are the most critical for this position.
☒ Achieving quality results & service.
☒ Practising accountability & integrity.
☒ Communicating information effectively.
☐ Thinking clearly, deeply & broadly.
☐ Understanding the Humanitarian Industry.
☐ Practising innovation & change.
☐ Demonstrating Christ-centred life & work.
☐ Learning for growth & development.
☐ Maintaining work/life balance & effectiveness.
☒ Building collaborative relationships.
☐ Practising gender & cultural diversity.
☐ Influencing individuals & groups.
☐ Understanding World Vision’s mission & operations.