WORLD VISION INTERNATIONAL
CHRISTIAN NGO CENTERED ON CHILDREN
RECRUITING INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY
POSITION: Communication Manager
Localisation: National Office (Dakar)
Type of Contract: Fixed-term full time contract (1-2 years), Open-ended full time contract after 2 years if you got a good performance
Purpose of the position:
To provide strategic communications direction and support to World Vision Senegal, through the management of communications and public engagement programed that effectively describe and promote the organization’s visibility, mission and impact to children, communities, staff and supporters, partners and diverse audiences who need to be informed and engaged in the ongoing ministry of WV Senegal.
Major Responsibilities: (please define in output format – 1-10 things of what you expect to see as a result of this position) Key Outputs/Responsibilities
(Accountabilities and results)
Lead the development and implementation of an integrated communications strategy and annual operating plan aligned to organizational priorities for influence, trust and reputation, income and impact. This will be supported significantly through strong relations and planning with Advocacy and GAM teams
Direct the planning and production of compelling and issues-oriented, advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print, photo and video content) for effective (all stakeholder)donor and public engagement by WV (National Office) -- both in-country and internationally, and in collaboration with other World Vision Offices and stakeholders.
Prepare and position the National Director, key organization spokespeople and Advisory Council members for important media opportunities( and risk management situations) and interviews that promote and protect the public image and ministry of World Vision, while raising public awareness on key issues of poverty and justice.
Oversee proactive in-country media engagement to generate proactive and positive news coverage as well as opportunities to raise the visibility of World Vision (National Office).
Continue to develop and deliver a staff engagement communications plan to ensure staff and volunteers across WV (National Office) and the partnership at large are informed and engaged with the organisation’s work, and are an engaged pro-Communications staff.
Capacity building and development of Communications team at NO level and in country field teams
Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience required
1. A degree or equivalent in journalism or communications / externalrelations or journalism – with a preference on Communications.
2. At least five years professional experience in a similar role.
3. Sound understanding and experience in media relations, donor and public communications, emergency communications, advocacy communications and internal communications
4. General experience in project management, with specific experience in the production of diverse and creative communications projects including publications, multi-media, websites/pages, photo and video reports, etc. ( experience in Digital marketing will be considered favourably)
5. Experience in team management and demonstrated ability to strategically plan and deliver a communications plans.
6. English and French language fluency (written and verbal).
7. Excellent writing skills, with photographic and/or video skills also preferred.
8. An energetic, analytical and self-starting approach to projects that involve significant responsibility.
9. Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
10. Able to travel and work in the field as an essential function of the position.
11. Personal faith in and commitment to Jesus Christ, as expressed through World Vision’s vision, mission and core values.
Process of hiring
·Phase 1 : writing test ;
·Phase 2: individual interview with a panel.
To apply, you need to send a letter of motivation addressed to the National Director of World Vision Senegal, accompanied by a CV, the diploma required to the following address:
Internally, please go to Our People in your ESS in JOBS (Development Actions- Open Position);
Externally, go through the link http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-senegal
Deadline for application: 16th August 2018
Human Resources Director
Dakar, July 19th 2018