Assistant Regional Finance Director
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within the South Asia and Pacific (SAP) region where WVI is registered to operate. For World Vision internal applicants only.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide effective and efficient support to the Regional Finance Director (RFD) in ensuring standards of excellence through financial management, grant management, accountability and integrity in the region.
Provide technical leadership in finance and administrative services by ensuring compliance of Finance Manual Standards, systems, policies and procedures for quality assurance and risk management.
Strategic financial planning, management and operational support
- Advise and support the Regional Finance Director in his / her leadership and engagement on all matters related to financial management at the NO and RO levels
- Ensure National Offices are monitoring their spending against budget commitments to assure that spending occurs only where there are commitments, to minimize year-end over/under spending and monitor cash flow.
- Support the region’s financial planning and budgeting ; consolidate and review NO annual budget for consistency and compliance to regional and global standards.
- Explore ways to reduce overhead costs to ensure WV’s competitiveness without comprising ministry quality.
- Contribute to development of global policies, guidelines and standards relating to Finance and support in contextualising and mainstreaming them within the region.
- Review and assist National Offices in developing financial systems, policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Support Regional Finance Director in providing technical leadership to regional and multi country initiatives and programmes / projects in NOs such as GEMS, Horizon, LEAP, Fixed Assets Module, Shared Services and any other Global Finance Initiative.
Grant Financial Management
- Conduct Quarterly review and analyses of grants financial reporting to ensure timely submission and compliance with WV policies and award requirements.
- Assist in preparation and review of large scale grant program budgets and plans and closeouts when necessary.
- Provide guidance on the interpretation of award terms and conditions and donor regulations in collaboration with respective SOs.
- Review grant risk assessment form for new projects in light of mitigating risk.
- Work with Regional Audit Manager to gather Grant Audit Trend Analysis to promote improved Partnership internal audit results through assuring implementation of audit recommendations and addressing common audit findings
- Represent the region in the Finance & Grants community forum (internal and external to WV) and participate in at least one Global Grant & Programme working group.
Promotion of financial accountability and reporting
- Ensure appropriate financial and monitoring frameworks are in place, and operating satisfactorily, in each National/Regional Office to support WV’s ministry in the region.
- Assist National Offices in designing and improving internal control systems and project accounting systems.
- Oversee and evaluate the region’s financial performance and efficiency through the quarterly financial scorecard issued by the FRSC
- Provide support to NOs in PBAS analysis, growth and funding gaps.
- Work closely with National Offices in providing technical input and provide offsite (via email and skype) and onsite financial management support as requested by NOs.
- Assist RFD to build financial capacity at National/Regional Office especially as it relates to financial management and financial compliance, including Grants.
- Ensure succession planning for NO Grant & Finance Managers
- Train and mentor finance staff
- Develop a pool of finance & grant experts, create an environment of experience sharing and promote best practices within the region.
- Coordinate with NO to assure follow up action on and implementation of audit recommendations and addressing common audit findings.
- Support National Offices in ensuring adherence to WV partnership guidelines, policies, protocols and standards related to finance.
- Support NO ensuring that all Sunsystem database meet the global and regional standards for structure and coding.
- Support NO ensuring that LDRs, BPS/EPLS are properly performed and allocations of National Office costs and Zonal/Shared costs follow the CAL methodology.
- Review FFRs, PCFRs, Logframe reports, grant reports and other reporting requirements to ensure accuracy and compliance to global standards.
- Review the quality of NOs monthly financial, accounting and reporting, disclosure and accuracy, assets and liabilities, and internal controls.
- Support NO by following up risk mitigation implementation plan based on GC Internal Audit recommendations.
Internal & External Liaison & Coordination
- Develop and maintain networks with Support Offices-SO IPGs, GC Finance, GC FRSC, Global Grant & Programme, LEAP technical support, NO Finance & Grants Managers , NO Finance Directors on financial issues.
- Participate and actively contribute in the partnership forums, working Groups and networks related to finance as deemed necessary by regional leadership.
- Liaise with SO Finance regarding their trips to the region in collaboration with the NO Finance/Grant Teams
- Liaise with donors and other partners where required on financial matters to support and enhance World Vision’s credibility.
- Perform special projects for the RFD as necessary. This could include researching key finance ratios to set benchmarks; developing training material for use by NO/RO finance staff (e.g. CD-ROMS, PowerPoint presentations); identifying alternative options for cost-cutting; researching cost allocation methods within the region; investigate problem areas in RO/NOs; compiling socio-economic data to assist with a model for the effective allocation of resources, etc.
- Attend and participate in devotional meetings.