Purpose of the position:
Support Grants Finance Manager to ensure that grants and HO based projects are managed and implemented in line with World Vision policies and donor requirements.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
1. Monitoring of projects budgets to ensure proper charging of projects expenses and spending as per approved budget. This include HO based projects.
2. Conduct periodic project/partner visit for financial review and capacity building in finance management. Assisting in reviewing partners reports and posting them into the system on time.
3. Participate in proposal budget development in line with donor requirements and partnership guidelines. Facilitate preparation, review and submission of budgets for ongoing projects.
4. Analyze all grants Audit Reports and spot key finding recommendations to ensure that they are adequately addressed
5. Facilitate timely preparation, review and submission of financial reports. Facilitate closure of phasing out projects and year end closing.
6. Assist in ensuring grants compliance including BPS and EPLS and proper CAL allocation as per diverse donor requirements.
7. Ensure monthly timesheets/LDRs are filled and approved for program support staff and payroll reconciliation is done in a timely manner for projects where program support costs are charged as direct costs.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor Degree in Accounting
Experience: 2 yrs. in Financial Management
Preferred: CPA-T/ CPA final stage
Technical Skills & Abilities:
Excellent computer skills in Excel & Sun-systems software.
Demonstrated ability in supervision
Experience in managing donor funds
Working knowledge of Sponsorship and grants operations, finance services and practices is an added advantage.
Good planning and organizational skills
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
Travel: 20% Domestic travel is required.
On call: 10%