East Asia Regional P&C Business Partner
*This position will be based in Bangkok and is a local position.
The People & Culture Business Partner plays a crucial role in supporting & guiding World Visions National Offices, Business and Function Leaders in support of strategic business objectives accomplishing World Visions mission. The Business Partner supports, advises and coaches managers and employees in all elements of employee life cycle and talent management, including identifying current and future people implications. Executing the People and Culture Strategy and Operations the Business Partner works collaboratively also with global People and Culture Centers of Excellence, Specialists and shared services to develop and deliver integrated People and Culture Solutions, including workforce planning, performance management, succession planning, employee relations and leadership development.
This position will support World Vision leaders in East Asia in aligning organizational strategies, goals and priorities with World Vision’s vision, mission and values. He/She will encourage the use of innovative People Management and OD resources, tools and practices to reinforce and positively change beliefs, attitudes, operating models and structure of organizations so that World Vision staff can better adapt to new technologies, markets, challenges while fulfilling the vision and mission.
Major Responsibilities Include:
Advise and support People and Culture Regional Director in his leadership and engagement on matters related to human capital management and organizational transformation.
Collaborate with the Regional and National Offices in developing and executing a strategic and transformational HR function.
Collaborate with National Directors and People and Culture Directors to plan and implement change projects and people strategies.
Facilitates the process of gaining strategic clarity in People and Culture plans
Provide advice and support to National Directors and People and Culture leads on National Office people strategies and business plans
Contribute to and support the implementation of People and Culture regional strategy and business plan.
Contribute to joint accountability with team for achievement of relevant People and Culture KPIs.
Lead and develop innovative and efficient talent management strategies in region/team, promoting the employer brand.
Support the People and Culture Regional Director and People and Culture Directors in addressing performance, compliance and risks relating to offices transitions and management issues in National Offices.
Actively address and respond to organisational and people issues and assess root causes and performance gaps, implementing and/or supporting implementation of appropriate interventions.
Monitor wellbeing of staff & organization (i.e. Ethicpoints, global staff survey) and develop and facilitate actions for improvement of staff, employee and organizational well being.
Provide change (& project) management for region-wide projects/initiatives as required, facilitating team efforts and helping to define project goals, timelines, resource requirements and planning to cope with conflict or stress points in the plans.
Identify & shape leadership development and career development for the benefit of the region/team and the wider organization.
Contribute to establishment and use of regional data bases and e-resources including regional good practices relating to People and Culture.
Ensure simple, efficient and sustainable administration (including contract management)
Ensure that efficient and sustainable processes are in place and well documented.
Ensure appropriate policies, practices and People and Culture reporting are available and monitored according to Regional & Global standards.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
1. Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university and three or more years of related human resources experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Three to five years’ experience in a People and Culture Business Partner, Generalist or related high level specialist role.
3. Strong consultation Skills and experience influencing and interacting with executives.
4. Thorough knowledge of human resource management practices and employment related legislation.
5. Demonstrated People and Culture experience in a multi-business unit environment.
6. Proficient in coaching, mediating, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, analysis, and problem solving.
7. Professional certificate in HR/Personnel Management a plus.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English & Thai. Able to communicate complex ideas and business concepts in accessible terms. Able to exercise excellent professional judgement.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
1. Strong influencing skills with senior leadership
2. Highly analytical with proven problem solving skills
3. Strong business acumen and demonstrated capacity to work as a business / ministry partner with managers.
4. High service/customer orientation. Outstanding people and client relationship skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Sound understanding of contemporary People and Culture practice and experience in successfully implementing People and Culture policies and initiatives in complex settings
6. Demonstrable credibility with key stakeholders either within World Vision or externally
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20 % of the time.