*Country location is in any country in the Middle East where WV as a registered office, to be determined by home country of successful candidate
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Position is required to provide strategic financial input to decisions on all funding streams, to implement financial policies in such areas as, but not limited to: budget, cash management and forecasting, funding by donors (especially Governments), recording and documentation, project auditing, monthly financial reporting and local resource acquisition; being cognizant of World Vision International financial policies. The Grants Finance Manager plays an advisory role to the Hub Finance Director and the rest of the management team on matters related to risk management, internal controls systems and their impact on the overall grant management and compliance issues.
A. Grants / Projects Financial Management and Reporting
1. Ensure that all grants/projects reports are discussed with the project team and passed to donors and support offices within the required time schedules. Respond to respective queries in relation to these reports from donors, support offices and internal WVS management.
2. Co-ordinate and review grants/project budget development (proposal, grant and match).
3. Review and analyze grant expenses and variances to advise the stakeholders on expenditure trends and potential issues.
4. Explore ways to reduce overhead costs on grants to ensure WV’s competitiveness without comprising ministry quality
5. Correspond with WV SOs, donors and NO management regarding project income, expenditure and reporting. Ensure that project income is sufficiently committed on PBAS at all times including the approval of carry forwards.
6. Be a key player in the issues of grants / projects accounting and management to ensure accurate coding of expenses and full compliance with WVI internal and donor requirements.
7. Occasionally visit project field sites to ensure financial controls and procedures are in place.
8. Ensure that various donor regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes; keep the Finance Director informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps.
9. Play an active role in training and mentoring grant finance staff on matters related to grant management.
10. Develop and maintain good professional networks with the NOs Grant Managers, SO IPGs, Global Grants Unit and Regional GAM
B. Capacity building
1. Participate in and/or co facilitates grants start up workshop in collaboration with the NOs and respective SOs
2. Create an environment of experience sharing and promote best practices within the region
3. Participate in the regional and global grants community forums (internal and external to WV)
C. Risk management
1. Coordinate with NOs to assure follow up actions and implementation of audit recommendations and addressing common audit findings.
2. Participate in grants audit preparation to provide required information and address disallowed costs
3. Ensure the review of the risk assessment as part of grants approval protocol in light of mitigating risk
4. Provide in collaboration with the SOs core team, expert advice on interpretation of award terms and ensure that grants implementations are within the requirements
5. Assist Hub Finance Director in the development of financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, WVI finance policies, and Government and other donor regulations
6. Work in collaboration with the NOs in the hub to ensure proper implementation of the LDRs database system and Costs Allocation Policy.
7. Assist Hub NOs in the preparation to grants closeouts plan to ensure compliance with award requirements
Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
2. MBA in Finance, MSC in Finance/Accounting/Auditing preferred
3. ACCA, CIMA or CPA preferred
additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
1. Minimum 3 years experience in finance position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
2. Minimum 2 years experience in finance management position
3. Experience in major donor regulations (US, UK, Canada Governments, GOG, EC/ECHO, UN agencies) is a MUST.
4. Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a MUST.
5. Ability to be based in Amman for 50-75% of time is a MUST.
6. Practical knowledge of financial systems, internal financial controls & procedures and staff management skills is a MUST.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
academic requirements, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.
1. Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
2. Solid knowledge of government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements.
3. Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
4. Ability to lead and manage a team.
5. Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
6. Proficiency in written and spoken English
7. Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
9. Ability to travel within regionally and internationally
List additional work experience preferred for this position.
A full commitment to World Vision’s values and mission statement.
Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
Full Adherence to security protocols
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.