Senior Accounts Payable Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Position is required to ensure compliance with local legislation, WVI and donor requirements, to ensure sufficient fficient liquidity for smooth operations and to contribute to achieving the Finance function KPIs.
End Results Expected
Accounting, Compliance and Monitoring
1. Ensure review of the source documents/ payment packages before processing the payments to ensure alignment with local legislation and WVI and donor regulations.
2. Ensure accurate and timely financial data into the standard registers as required.
3. Ensure payments are processed within 3 working days after complete supporting documents submitted to the Accounting
4. Ensure all bank accounts balances
5. Ensure all submitted EERs are reviewed timely and there are no outstanding advances to the staff.
6. Work with Accounting team Lead in audit preparation to provide required information
7. Assist the Reporting and Analysis team with monthly reconciliations as required
8. Perform site and partner monitoring visits to conduct compliance reviews and provide mentorship as necessary
9. In collaboration with Grant Finance Manager, provide capacity building for local partners on WVI as well as donor rules and regulations
10. Ensure that WVI and donor finance regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes of the partners; keep the Grant Finance Manager and respective Project/Grant Manager informed on all major financial compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps with the respective Partners
Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
Practical Knowledge of financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database, management and spreadsheet software..
Analytical skills and good attention to details.
Proficiency in written and spoken English and local language
Ability to travel within the country
A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
Full adherence to World Vision Jordan Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
Full Adherence to security protocols
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically between 10-20% of the time.