Human Resources Advisor (F2F)
Salary: £27,000 per annum pro rata + good range of benefits
Contract: Fixed-Term, initially 6 months
Based: Milton Keynes
Your HR experience can help change children’s lives for the better
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be ranked 9thplace in the top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For' in 2016.
Working with the Fundraising Channel Managers to provide a professional HR service to the Face-to-Face team and support the Fundraising strategy.
1. To facilitate the effective recruitment of staff for the Retail and Private Site fundraising teams, and Channel Managers, whilst authentically represent WV’s Christian ethos and identity with all prospective candidates. Key responsibilities will include:
Advising and coaching managers through the whole recruitment process from start to finish.
Develop new and innovative ways of recruiting retail and fundraising staff, including additional temporary staff to cover peak trading times.
Posting job adverts on the World Vision UK website using the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) - Our People.
Monitoring number of applications, reviewing the effectiveness of campaigns and using own initiative to provide recommendations to the recruiting manager and the HR Manager F2F to help improve the effectiveness of future recruitment campaigns.
Liaising and building relationships with the recruitment advertising agency, negotiating advertising costs as required.
Assisting with the short-listing process and updating candidates on the progress of their application, advising on rejections in a professional and sensitive manner, keeping candidates engaged and provided with a good candidate experience.
Managing the appropriate selection process e.g. inviting candidates for interviews and making the necessary preparations including advising on relevant interview questions, inviting panel members and booking rooms. Potentially carry our initial screening interview.
Maintaining job files ensuring they include the required paperwork to comply with legislation and evidence to demonstrate a fair process has taken place.
To assist the Channel Managers with the design and implementation of systems to monitor the effectiveness of recruitment strategies. To be reviewed on a monthly basis and adjusted accordingly.
2. To be responsible for the on-boarding of staff including; preparing offer letters and contracts, pre-employment checks, communicate details of new starters to the organisation, preparation of induction packs, taking an active role in Induction Days as required, and coordinating mandatory training requirements ongoing.
3. Manage changes to terms and conditions of the Retail and Private Site staff, including:
Updating HR People data in the HRIS Our People
Preparation of letters and emails
Liaising with payroll to implement changes
4. Create and maintain employee personal files (hard and soft copy).
5. To support the retention and development of high performance within the F2F teams – including incentive programmes
6. Support Managers on poor performance of Fundraisers and offer guidance and advice when needed.
7. Advise the Channel managers on people plans for growth and changes – including structural changes, staff developments and market trends.
As an active Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement, childcare vouchers and free parking.
Please ‘click’ here to view the full job description.
Please upload your CV and covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Closing date for applications: 21 January 2018
Please note that if response for this role is higher than anticipated, we reserve the right to commence interviews and appoint before the published closing date.
World Vision UK is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of age, sexual orientation, religion and belief, race, gender, marriage and civil partnership status, and disability
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
No agencies please.