Salary: £27,000 per annum + good range of benefits
Contract: Full-time, Fixed term contract until July 2018
Based: Milton Keynes
Your HR experience can help change children’s lives for the better
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be ranked 9thplace in the top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For' in 2016.
As part of the HR Operations Team provide a professional HR service to WVUK, support the HR Business Partners and P&C Director in their requirements to attract, retain and develop talent in their teams.
1. To facilitate the effective recruitment of staff, working closely with the HR Operations Services team members, whilst authentically represent WV’s Christian ethos and identity with all prospective candidates. Key responsibilities will include:
Advising and coaching managers through the whole recruitment process from start to finish.
Taking part in job evaluation panels.
Posting job adverts on the World Vision UK website using the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Our People, and LinkedIn.
Monitoring number of applications, reviewing the effectiveness of campaigns and using own initiative to provide recommendations to the recruiting manager and the Resourcing & Talent Manager to help improve the effectiveness of future recruitment campaigns.
Liaising with the recruitment advertising agency, negotiating advertising costs as required.
Updating candidates on the progress of their application, advising on rejections in a professional and sensitive manner, keeping candidates engaged and provided with a good candidate experience.
Maintaining job files ensuring they include the required paperwork to comply with legislation and evidence to demonstrate a fair process has taken place.
2. To be responsible for the on-boarding of new staff including preparing offer letters and contracts, pre-employment checks, communicate details of new starters to the organisation, preparation of induction packs, and taking an active role in Induction Days as required.
3. Working to the teams’Service Level Agreements (SLAs) providing a high quality customer service to World Vision UK.
4. Maintain HR People data in Our People.
5. Keep up to date on the current UK Visa and Immigration Agency regulations and support the HR Operations Manager in producing visa applications and certificates on behalf of WVUK’s authorising officer P&C Director.
6. Create and maintain employee personal files (hard and soft copy).
7. Provide cover and other support to the People and Culture team as required.
As an active Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement, childcare vouchers and free parking.
Please ‘click’here to view the full job description
Please upload your CV and covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Closing date for applications: 9 February 2018
Interview date: 13 February 2018
World Vision UK is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage and Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion and Belief, Sex, Sexual Orientation.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.