WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
WVV’s Area Programs (AP) focus within one administrative district of a province which usually populated by ethnic minority people with very high rates of poverty. APs are mainly funded by sponsorship funds, and are a phased approach to development, involving clear and consistent assessment, design, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation and reflection phases. Each AP is tailored to the needs of a specific community in alignment with WVV’s strategic priorities. WVV works closely with district and commune local authorities and local partners to implement program activities. A uniqueness of WVV’s AP approach and structure is that team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis.
Under each AP, there will be 6-8 staff, including one AP manager, one Sponsorship Facilitator, one Finance Officer/Bookkeeper, one AP Coordinator and 2-4 Development Facilitators (DFs) who are in charge of the management of all projects (assessment & planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and transition), and community engagement for the assigned communes/wards in their AP. For each zone (6-8 APs), there are 4 Zonal technical staff, including three Technical Program Officers (Nutrition, Child Protection, Livelihoods) and one Zonal Program Effectiveness Officer. DFs will be coached by the AP manager programmatically and the Zonal staff technically. One of the strengths of this structure is to allow better integration of the program toward Child Well Being Outcomes.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship and assist the ADP Manager in maintaining the books of accounts and other financial records of ADP & adhering to the financial standards of World Vision financial system to ensure accountability.
Financial policy compliance
- - Administrative financial services are provided to the project to ensure compliance, quality, accuracy and consistency of work in project implementation.
- Consistent service delivery is ensured by collaborating and working closely with all of the team members of the Project.
- All the day to day operational procedures in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, closure, audit, etc. are conducted in timely manner and in line with WV Policy and Procedure as well as Field Financial Manual (FFM).
- The Project staffs are provided the necessary account analysis codes and assistance to correctly filled in and prepare cash advance, EER, payment request.
- The project team is assisted in verifying quotations, procurement, service supply contracts for project- related activity.
- Adequacy and correctness of the supporting documents ensured for payments and/or voucher preparation (using Voucher Interface) to ensure consistency with WV’s Policy and donor requirements.
- The financial transactions are monitored regularly to maintain project financial account in place and in order.
- The suppliers of the quotes/bids submitted for major purchases are randomly selected to verify the existence, nature of business (whether it’s related to the goods or services being asked to quote or bid), relationship of the supplier with the staff of the project and reasonability of amount quoted.
- The quality of the goods and services delivered to the beneficiaries is verified by conducting random visit to the project sites.
- WV accounting policies and procedures are communicated to all staff and relevant partners.
Budget management & financial reports
- The Project Manager is assisted in planning and developing project budget in line with the Plan of Action and log frame.
- The financial reports cover memo prepared with variance explanations, Advances & Payables Aging Analysis (IA 264 & IA 269), the asset register updated, the bank reconciliation performed and sent on time to the Cluster Finance Officer for posting.
- The Sunsystem generated financial reports are reviewed with assistance of Cluster FO and NO FO for any non-project related expenses, discrepancies and irregularities from the project finance manual.
- The Manager is provided with the necessary management financial report as and when required and adhering to the standards/templates required by donor.
- Filing system of key documents is established and maintained (in hard copy and soft copy) and in line with audit requirements.
- All financial and other records required for audit purposes are maintained, and assistance provided in regular auditing of the Project.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor degree, preferably in finance/ accounting
Knowledge & Skills
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fair English, especially report writing skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email;
- Ability and passion to learn about accounting
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounting
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department - World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.114)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.