WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,000,000 (FY18) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 420 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North: Hoa Binh - Dien Bien, Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang, Thanh Hoa - Hung Yen - Hai Phong, Central: Quang Tri - Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai - Binh Thuan – DakNong - Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
TMSV’s Project Goal: This project will tackle Modern Slavery from Vietnam through harnessing the capacities of IOM, World Vision and British Council to implement a coordinated series of interventions that specifically align with existing work in Vietnam, and United Kingdom Official Development Assistance requirements in five target provinces: Nghe An (Yen Thanh; Dien Chau); Hai Phong (Hai Phong city; Thuy Nguyen); Quang Binh: (Đong Hoi, Bo Trach); Ha Tinh (Can Loc; Nghi Xuan); and Quang Ninh (Ha Long city). This will be achieved by seeking change on the following impacts:
Impact area 1: will be achieved through first establishing the key factors that contribute to vulnerability before engaging the necessary government and non-government actors to raise awareness and change behaviour, including by promoting meaningful livelihood alternatives.
Impact area 2: vulnerable populations will be empowered through improved coordination, delivery and understanding of justice and social support services. Strategies for prosecution and sentencing will also be developed, whilst effective coordination among justice sector institutions will be achieved through promoting provincial level coordination mechanisms, including increased functionality of the national trafficking database.
Impact area 3: addresses this by building the capacity of key stakeholders involved in victim identification in Vietnam and the UK ensuring at-risk individuals are identified early and correctly, and victims are supported adequately, and with dignity. Rehabilitation and reintegration assistance therefore, will contribute significantly to reducing vulnerability to human trafficking, modern slavery and poverty.
The TMSV project will be implemented by a consortium which consisted of IOM (International organization for migration) – lead agency, BC (British Council) and WVV. WVV will be responsible to implement the activities related to the impact area 3. WVV will recruit one project manager, two Project officers and one Finance Officer to implement the designated project component.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship and assist the Project Manager in maintaining the books of accounts and other financial records of the Project & adhering to the financial standards of World Vision financial system and Grant donor’s requirements to ensure the project accountability.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
I. FINANCIAL POLICY COMPLIANCE (Time spent: 50%)
- TMSV cost norm is prepared to ensure meeting WVV financial policy and Grant requirements
- Assistance is provided to the Project Manager in developing regulation of TMSV financial management
- Relevant expenses of TMSV budget is kept track including the expenses at NO
- Administrative financial services are provided to the project to ensure high level of compliance, quality, accuracy and consistency of work in project implementation.
- Consistent service delivery is ensured by collaborating and working closely with all of the team members of the Project.
- All the day to day operational procedures in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, closure, audit, etc. are conducted in timely manner and in line with WV Policy and Procedure as well as Field Financial Manual (FFM) and Grant requirements.
- The Project staff is provided the necessary account analysis codes and assistance to correctly filled in and prepare cash advance, EER, payment request.
- Adequacy and correctness of the supporting documents ensured for payments and/or voucher preparation (using Voucher Interface) to ensure consistency with WV’s Policy and donor requirements.
- The financial transactions are monitored regularly to maintain project financial account in place and in order.
- The quality of the goods and services delivered to the beneficiaries is verified by conducting random visit to the project sites.
- Knowledge and skills of the staff and partner on relevant WV accounting policies and procedures are upgraded.
- Field visits are conducted to ensure the project accountability.
- Conducting training to the project partners on finance procedures
- Assisting in internal and external audits
II. BUDGET MANAGEMENT & FINANCIAL REPORTS (Time spent: 30%)
- The Project Manager is assisted in planning and developing project budget in line with the approved project design and its log frame.
- The financial reports cover memo are timely prepared with variance explanations (quarterly), Advances & Payables Aging Analysis, the asset register is updated, the bank reconciliation performed monthly. All these reports are posted onto FFR Database on a quarterly basis.
- The Sunsystem generated financial reports are checked and verified for any non-project related expenses, discrepancies and irregularities from the Program finance manual.
- The Manager is updated on the project spending status and pattern to avoid risks of ineffectiveness and material overspending or under-spending of the Project budget.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports/ cash-flow in consultation with financial department
- Work with financial department and project manager to address all financial questions raised by the donor/consortium lead.
III. FILING (Time spent: 20%)
- A systematic filing system of key documents is established and maintained (in hard copy and soft copy) and in line with audit requirements.
- All financial and other records required for audit purposes are maintained, and assistance provided in regular auditing of the Project.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor degree in finance/accounting.
Knowledge & Skills
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Coordination skills, including organisation and mobilisation of communities and networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Demonstrated training and facilitation skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fair English, especially report writing skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email;
- Experience in community development or with NGO.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience in accounting and finance.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department - World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.