WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,600,000 (FY18) with funding from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which more than 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
In FY19, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 38 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hung Yen, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s APs usually focus within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Finance is a support function of WVV with the main responsibilities of maintaining and strengthening the accountability and stewardship over the financial resources being entrusted to the organization.
In addition to the requirement of professional and educational background, staff working for the Finance function are required to possess a strong characteristic of honesty and integrity, as well as the ability to arrange and work under high pressure to meet very strict deadlines of financial reports submission.
By working closely with the AP/Project staff and other support staff, Finance function assists the WVV Management in achieving the office objectives by provision of improved financial management, better compliance, better controls and procedures.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship not only at the National Office but also at the ADPs/Projects.
The main responsibilities include ensuring that all financial records comply with the WV Financial Policies and Procedures and meet audit requirements
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
FIELD OFFICE ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
- Regular accounting and adjusting journal entries are prepared
- Reconciliation (GL, GNs, bank, etc) is carried out on a monthly basis.
- The correction and consistency with WV standard of the used accounts and analysis codes is ensured.
- Sunsystems data are entered and reviewed, supporting schedules and financial reports are prepared accurately and timely in cooperation with the Finance Department.
- All outstanding advances and payables (more than 30 days) are tracked and reminded to the relevant staff or Finance Officer in a timely manner.
- Settlement Advices are prepared and submitted on a timely basis
GRANT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Develop and review budget for Grant proposal
- Regularly monitor burn rate of Grant projects and communicate with relevant stakeholders for timely improvement action
- Review Grant donor required financial report before submission to donor
- Site visit to all Grant projects to ensure minimized financial risk and compliance with donor guidelines and regulations.
PROJECT ACCOUNTING AND SUPPORT
- Technical accounting support is provided to ADPs or Projects, which is in transition and/or where there is no Finance staff, including site visits.
- Orientation and training are provided to the ADP/project finance staff when required.
- Conduct field monitoring of projects which he/she is not directly providing financial assistance and support to are conducted periodically
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- Inputs to the annual objectives for the Finance Department which are consistent with the Finance Manual are given.
- Provide appropriate and timely inputs for the revisions of WVV’s Field Finance Manual in accordance with the WV Global Center Finance manual.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of accounting theory and financial statements and government tax requirements
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good English skills (both spoken and written);
- Good computer skills
- Experience in community development or with NGO.
- Experience in bank reconciliation, journal preparation, general ledger, financial statements and government tax requirements.
- Sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer is common
- Requires continual mental concentration and attention to details.
- Strict deadlines must always be met and deadline induced mental stress is frequent.
- 25% time of field visits is expected
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department -World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.