WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY19) with funding from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
In FY19, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hung Yen, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position supports AP manager in ensuring the focus on children’s well-being and the transformation of registered children, their families and communities and sponsors through collaborating with Development Facilitators and local sponsorship volunteers network, partners in planning and implementing sponsorship activities in the designated AP working area.
The position assists AP manager to ensure Sponsorship operations and initiatives (Sponsorship 2.0, Transformed Field Environment – TFE/ Sponsorship Single User Interface – SSUI) are well integrated and deployed within TP projects of the AP, provides technical support to DFs to ensure appropriate RC targeting which is aligned with WV’s Sponsorship minimum Programming standards.
1. SPONSORSHIP SERVICE OPERATIONS
- Ensures sponsor communication activities (Sponsor’s Letter, Christmas Card, Child’s Annual Progress Report, Gift Notifications…) are designed in engaging and meaningful way so as to contribute to life skills and development assets of children.
- Manages queries including record management, assignment, quality assurance and follow-up are timely responded.
- Ensures child data and other sponsorship documents (both electronic and hard copies) and relevant back-up copies are maintained systematically in a secure place.
2. SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMMING AND CHILD MONITORING
- Makes sure RC and their families are intentionally included in the AP’s programming interventions as part of transformational development.
- Ensures budgeted number of RC which is agreed with the support office is maintained through timely processing of new growth, replacement and reactivation.
- Reinforces RC selection criteria which embrace MVC targeting by recruit new growth/replacement in consideration from AP’s MVC list.
- Ensures RC record (includes information and digital images/clips) are updated and maintained with completeness, accuracy, timeliness and validity.
- Provides sufficient coordination and support to enable DFs facilitate Child Monitoring integrated within project activity plan as a part of community led child protection and care.
- Coordinate with AP coordinator to complete the CESP plan of action and report for the AP.
3. COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND SPONSORSHIP EDUCATION
- For new AP: Assist AP manager to establish community volunteer network at the target communes with close collaboration between schools (school volunteer network) and community settings (hamlet facilitator network) at village and commune levels;
- For on-going AP: In cooperation with DFs, the sponsorship communication messages and materials (adapted with local context as possible) are distributed to all RC’s parents and non-RC’s parents;
- In collaboration with other the DFs, the sponsorship network and National Communicator(s), documenting stories about RC and their families and significant changes in their life, achievements, best practices and learning experiences are compiled for WV publications and shared within the Partnership.
- In collaboration with the Sponsorship Cluster Officer in NO, partnership new initiatives are contextualized and implemented appropriately.
- Participates in sponsorship education processes and contributes as needed.
- Provides technical input on sponsorship aspects of community engagement.
- Participates in community engagement and capacity building efforts of partners and community groups.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Strong understand of community-led development work
- Demonstrated training and facilitation skills, including catalysing, connecting and building the capacity of community groups
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fair English, especially email/letters writing skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and email;
- Experience in community development or with NGO.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department – Ms. Nguyen Thi Minh Phuong
World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: +84 24 39439920 - Extension: 123
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.