WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, World Vision’s (WV) work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,000,000 (FY18) with funding from 16 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non Sponsorship (PNS)/Grants (30%). World Vision International-Vietnam employs about 420 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
In 2018, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programs (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Hung Yen, Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri, Quang Nam, Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s APs focus within one administrative district of a province which usually populated by ethnic minority people with very high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s AP approach and structure is that team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
WV Vietnam Sponsorship Service Operations (SSO) deliberately focuses on improving the well-being of vulnerable children through one-to-one connection between sponsor and child. This relationship enables long-term engagement and financial commitment, partnering with communities and local structures, and authentic participation of children as agents of changes.
WV Vietnam is a national office and does not directly raise funds for local sponsorship, however, Sponsorship is responsible for 1) defining Child Sponsorship experience for both sponsors and registered children by creating effective communication via correspondence and Sponsorship 2.0; 2) monitoring the well-being of Registered Children (RC) and utilizing those data for WV’s and community’s intervention toward the most vulnerable children.
WV Vietnam’s Sponsorship program is implemented across all Area Development Programs (APs) with more than 74,000 RC up to FY18.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
With the new Sponsorship generation, this position is 1) to support WVV in enhancing Sponsorship Service Operations focusing on children’s well-being and for better engagement of their families and communities and sponsors; 2) to assist Sponsorship Manager in ensuring the compliance of Sponsorship Service with Standards and the effectiveness of sponsorship program.
SPONSORSHIP COMMUNICATIONS (CORRESPONDENCES AND SPECIAL MAILINGS)
- Provide coordination role among team to ensure effective correspondences processed in a timely manner and in compliance with the Sponsorship standards and Child Protection policies.
- Closely follow up with Cluster Officers to minimize overdue and enhance the quality of correspondences in terms of consistency, completeness, timeliness and accuracy.
- Classify and handle the special queries on Sponsorship service effectiveness from Support Offices (SO), Regional Office (RO) and/or Global Central (GC) in a timely manner and in accordance with consultation of Sponsorship Manager.
- Work with GC in the design process of Special mailings, i.e. Christmas Cards (CC), Annual Progress Report (APR), include taking part in webEx meetings or discussions with GC, communicate with Sponsorship team on the follow up actions and report on the progress to Sponsorship Manager.
- Coordinate the validation and timely completion of RC data on Sponsorship system.
- Analyze GNOD SOI received from GC on a monthly basis to inform Cluster officers appropriate follow up actions.
- Manage the quality of correspondences with Translation Companies/Partners, ensure they receive regular/refresher training/update on Sponsorship standard; orientation on Child Protection and sign on the Protocol as required.
- Regularly observe and review correspondences business processes to improve its quality with innovation and simplification of the work while ensuring Partnership standards and Sponsorship system requirements.
- Research and communicate clearly with Sponsorship team on related new standards and initiatives from GC to ensure the smooth implementation at all levels.
- Training/Orientation material/plan developed in consultation with team to ensure AP staff and Sponsorship volunteers are well trained/communicated on the new initiatives or processes.
- Share good practices on Sponsorship service operations implementation within APs in Vietnam as well as National Offices in region.
- Support AP to conduct Sponsorship Basic Training and Communication events at AP level as required.
- Facilitate relevant sections in Sponsorship Annual Meeting, Zonal Meetings and Team Meetings as required.
OTHER SPONSORSHIP BUSINESS PROCESSES
- Participate in AP data audit and other DME events as required.
- Conduct Sponsorship Annual review; accompany sponsors group visit as required.
- Responsible for routine purchasing, logistics preparation, manage the mailing in and out with postal companies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Knowledge & Skills
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Demonstrated training and facilitation skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good English, especially email/letters writing skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and email;
- Experience in community development or with NGO.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department- World Vision International - VietnamAddress: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.