WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,000,000 (FY17) with funding from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 440 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Development Programmes (ADPs) which operate in 5 zones: North (Hung Yen, Hoa Binh, Hai Phong and Dien Bien), Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang, Thanh Hoa, Central (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). From FY18, WVV adopts and implements the new operating model, therefore, the name of ADP will be changed to AP (Area Programme). WVV’s APs usually focus within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
WVV has a representative office in Hanoi, which is the work-base of about 60 staff. The Administration Unit also provides support to WVV staff across the country.
Starting from FY14 WVV is mandated to implement the Strategic Sourcing Project, which is led by the Administration Unit. The Unit facilitates the procurement of ministry materials as required by the ADPs/projects as well as the representative office in Hanoi.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To lead, manage and coordinate administrative and procurement functions under the leadership the Director - Finance and Support Services to ensure that the Office Administration runs effectively and the Strategic Sourcing including the Procurement Management is cost effective.
ROLE DIMENSION/ DESCRIPTION
ADMINISTRATION MANAGEMENT (Time spent: 20%)
I. Strategic Inputs
- Properly develop and manage department objectives and plans in line with the National’s strategic objectives.
- Prepare and regularly monitor department budgets to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Identify and apply ways and means to save on administration costs.
II. Office Administration Management
- Well manage office support services including arrangement of transportation, purchases, property maintenance, insurance, communications, hospitality to visitors and housekeeping.
- Effectively coordinate and schedule usage of WVV’s vehicles, meeting rooms, equipment and all other WVV National Office assets.
- Properly insure and regularly maintain vehicles and office equipment for prolong use.
- Manage and maintain inventory of supplies, computers/laptops, equipment and all other properties that belong to WVV.
- Conduct the physical verification of assets on an annual basis.
- Fully comply the security procedures on asset safekeeping. Ensure the office security and safety.
- Ensure that the office is always clean, tidy and presentable.
III. Guest Relations
- Ensure that tickets and accommodation bookings, and other logistic arrangements as required by all visitors including Support Offices, are made in accordance with visit plans/itinerary.
PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT (Time spent: 80%)
I. Supply chain management
- Develop organization’s sourcing strategy and action plan. Facilitate the implementation of sourcing strategy and periodical action plan.
- Develop National Procurement Committee functions, guidelines and TOR; Facilitate the effective operation of National Procurement Committee
- Conduct National Procurement Committee monthly meeting with documented minutes of meeting and monthly report
- Develop tools and process for development of annual procurement plans. Lead the implementation of procurement plans to meet organization objectives
- Analyze and manage the organization procurement budget.
- Develop procurement policies and procedures in line with Global Procurement Manual. Monitor and ensure the procurement process according to policies and procedures
- Analyze procurement activities and apply measures to improve captured spend, savings, standardization, value analysis and cooperative purchasing.
II. Strategic sourcing management
- Lead the Procurement Team to handle all strategic sourcing requests from ADP and NO Departments.
- Conduct market analysis and take lead in organization reaction to market situation
- Deploy sourcing strategy for high quality goods and services at organization demand
- Develop negotiation plan and implement negotiation with suppliers for framework contracts
- Monitor the implementation of framework contracts and solve arisen issues related with framework contracts
- Manage the pool of suppliers and implement periodical assessment of suppliers
- Coordinate and prepare RFQ/RFI fully to send to suppliers for the sourcing to make sure that the market price and the baseline are noted well and known thoroughly.
- Analyze procurement activities and recommend more efficient improvement on procurement under the framework contract, discounts, standardization, value analysis and cooperative purchasing.
- Implement ProVision initiative and manage the transition roadmap to successfully launch ProVision in WVV
- Develop an action plan of ProVision orientation to facilitate a smooth implementation of ProVision in ADPs
- Manage the development of sourcing database including suppliers, contracts, product catalogues and other resources for application of ProVision system
- Develop procurement communication plans and periodical bulletin to communicate procurement information
- Prepare spend reports and KPI to Regional SCM Office on monthly basis in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare sourcing reports to SLT on monthly basis and reports of quarterly evaluation of suppliers
- Report Spent & Savings Tracking as indicators to drive continuous sourcing results
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- A Bachelor degree.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good spoken and written Vietnamese and English skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel).
- Be able to work well in a team environment.
- Good knowledge of office management and administrative functions
- Knowledge of office machines, such as fax, telephone system, and photocopier is an advantage.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview and emotional maturity.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal aspects concerning contracts, office assets and security.
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience in an agency of similar scope and budget.
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department -World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.