This position is also open to foreign candidates as a local hire
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY18) with funding from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship/grants (30%). WVV employs about 440 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Hung Yen, Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri, Quang Nam, Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s APs focus within one administrative district of a province which usually populated by ethnic minority people with very high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s AP approach and structure is that team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
WV Vietnam Sponsorship focuses on improving the well-being of vulnerable children through one-to-one connection between sponsor and child. This relationship enables long-term engagement and financial commitment, partnering with communities and local structures, and authentic participation of children as agents of change.
Sponsorship Unit is responsible for 1) defining Child Sponsorship experience for both sponsors and registered children by creating effective communication via correspondence and present day-to-day lives of children and communities via communication products such as photos with captions and video clips (Sponsorship 2.0) to sponsors; 2) implementing systems to monitor the well-being of RC (Registered Children) and utilize those data for WV Technical Programs/ Project (TPs) and community’s intervention toward the most vulnerable children.
WV Vietnam’s Sponsorship program is implemented across all APs (Area Programs) with more than 74,000 RC in FY18.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Sponsorship Manager is required to provide leadership and management to National Sponsorship Operations contributing to the sustained well-being of children, especially Most Vulnerable Children (MVC) and transformation of supporters.
Sponsorship Manager will support Operations Director and AP/Zonal Managers in ensuring the compliance with Sponsorship Standards and Policies.
- Contextualize and develop Sponsorship national policies, standards, guidelines and tools in alignment with the global policies, standards and guidelines
- Provide technical guidance for sponsorship operations with support from Regional Sponsorship Advisor as appropriate
- Collaborate with other technical departments to ensure optimal integration between the sectors and sponsorship during strategic and operational planning processes.
- Develop Sponsorship Annual Plan in alignment with the approved Community Engagement & Sponsorship Plan (CESP)
- Provides guidance on RC portfolio to APs for their multi-year and annual operating plans in collaboration with Support Offices, Operations Director and Zonal Managers.
- Equip Sponsorship Facilitators at NO and AP level and Development Facilitators on Sponsorship in Programming, Sponsorship Basic Training, Sponsorship Systems, Sponsorship 2.0 and other initiatives.
- Facilitate learning, best practices sharing and networking among Sponsorship staff and with other organizations.
- Identify Sponsorship related risks and implement risk mitigation measures as part of risk management process
- Monitor the performance of Sponsorship Operations at NO as well as AP against the key performance indicators, including data quality assurance for auto Annual Progress Report.
- Coordinate Sponsorship team at NO and AP to ensure RC’s well-being are monitored regularly and Sponsorship data is timely updated in Horizon SSUI to inform programming decision and planning.
- Plan, coordinate and manage RC supplication as per the agreements with SOs.
- Plan and manage sponsor visits in accordance with Sponsorship standards, Visit procedure and Child Protection policy.
- Manage ongoing communication with SOs, RO and GC including information exchanges and regular reports as per established agreements.
- Lead sponsorship assessments, designs, reviews and evaluations at NO and AP levels.
- Work closely with Program Effectiveness Unit and operations to ensure the implementation and integration of CESP (Community Engagement & Sponsorship Plan, SIP (Sponsorship in Programming) and SMPS (Sponsorship Minimum Programming Standards)
- Work with PnC and Operations to ensure sponsorship role dimensions are adequately integrated in the role of Development Facilitators.
People Management and Leadership - Work with PnC department to recruit and provide orientation for new staff
- Supervise, coach, mentor, provide adequate feedback to direct reports to ensure their high performance toward the shared goals
- Identify and address development needs of direct reports to ensure that they are well equipped with core and job-specific competencies to carry out quality work
- Identify and address staffing issues in a timely and professional manner in working with PnC department
- Organize the AP office and facilitate a working environment of trust, mutual respect, and learning among all staff
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
Bachelor degree in relevant field.
- Good understanding about humanitarian industry, development program approach, key stakeholders, operational context and issues.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, exercise judgment, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent skills in management, leadership, decision- making and sound analytical skill.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese and English as well as good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills (word processing, excel and power point)
- Facilitation and Training skills
- Ability to relate well to people at various levels.
- 4 years of relevant experience in senior management position.
- Experience working in humanitarian/ non-profit organizations
- Experience in managing the Sponsorship operation in WV context
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture DepartmentWorld Vision International - VietnamAddress: 4th floor, the HEAC building, 14-16 Ham Long street, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.